Some thoughts from Karla
For those of you who are “outside the camp”…
How many times do you catch yourself missing the things that “church” offers?
Especially this time of year, with the holidays approaching, it can be a lonely time for some who used to go to church.
Do you miss the singing, praise and worship, Women’s ministry, Men’s ministry, potluck dinners, preaching, tithing/giving, children’s ministries, even listening to people giving “prophetic words” (just to name a few).
Ask yourself a question…
Are the “things” that I miss really ministering to the LORD or to ME?
Really look deep into yourself and ask this question.
“Church” for the most part gives you the mindset of Martha. Busy little Martha, trying to minister to others, much serving, and even fulfilling her own need to be needed; maybe even fulfilling a desire to be in charge (because she thought Mary should be doing more to help her).
How many of you can remember working your butt off in churches thinking, “Why isn’t everyone else working as hard as me?”
But we see Mary is sitting at the feet of Jesus, ministering to Him.
A lot of people write in and ask us what it means or looks like to minister to the Lord. I always picture Mary sitting quietly at Jesus’ feet. She has no other person on her mind or any concerns other than sitting at His feet and listening, talking, sharing, and loving the Lord Jesus while He is right there in front of her.
Did she do this 24/7? No, of course not. Jesus went on with what His Father had Him to do, and Mary went on to do her daily things that needed to be done. But remember that she did take time out to sit at His feet and Jesus said this is what is needed.
So when you start to miss the things you once enjoyed so much in “church”, remember where the Lord has brought you. Do not be like the children of Israel who always complained and wanted to go back to Egypt, thinking you had it better in “church”.
There is a reason and a purpose for bringing you out. Let the Lord guide you in this new walk. Let Him teach you His ways – which are far better then your ways or the church’s ways. And remember that the main lesson is: He will increase and I will decrease. This process is not an easy one but you have to go through it!
Protect Your Identity now!
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Time of Need – DEVOTIONAL June 26, 2017
- CONNECTIONS NEWS – 06/18/17 June 17, 2017
- CONNECTIONS NEWS – 05/07/2017 May 7, 2017
- LIVE Tonight! 10:00PM Central – ACTS Chapter 26 September 9, 2016
- THE “GIVING TO GOD” DECEPTION July 3, 2016
- CHINESE LEADER SPEAKS OUT- Re: Western church June 24, 2016
- In case you missed it: POST JESUS – THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES – PART 16 06/10 by Path Of Life June 23, 2016
- THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES – PART 8 March 19, 2016
- I COULD NO LONGER CONTINUE TO FOOL MYSELF
- I COULD NO LONGER CONTINUE TO FOOL MYSELF (cont.)
- Christianity or “Churchianity”
- WHY DO YOU DO WHAT YOU DO?
- DON’T GO BACK TO EGYPT
- To The People In The Pews
- THE WORD “OFFICE”
- EXALTED TITLES
- RELIGION OR RELATIONSHIP
- How to Conquer a Secret Thought Life
- PROPHETIC MOVEMENT in AN UPROAR
- “I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH”
- Christian Conferences – Why?
- YOU SHALL HAVE A SURPLUS SUPPLY
- The Secret Closet
- Thanks for Work!
- TO LIFE
- Welcome To The Circus
- Pastor Worship
- TRUE SUCCESS
- DANIEL’S FAITH
- THE MYSTERY OF SAMSON
- Love endures long! Let the love of God arrest you | God Loves Bummyla on Love Is Not Rude, Arrogant Or Inflated With Pride
- keijo jorma leppioja (@rintaluoma) on TONIGHT’S LIVE BROADCAST IS REPLACED. YOU WILL BE BLESSED!
- dholmes on $300 Million and Four Years Builds Monument To Man
- Frank Coleman on Thought for today – 07/05/2014
- Frank Coleman on $300 Million and Four Years Builds Monument To Man
Reaching the world for Jesus!