|From The Desk of Min. Frank Coleman
Sunday October 31, 2010
Thanks for Work!
A man got up in the morning, ran to the window, jerked up the shade, looked outside and moaned, “Oh, no! Not another day!”
Is that the way you feel about your daily work? Is it a burden to be carried until this weary life is over or is it a God-given privilege for which you give thanks?
Is work something eternal, or is your work forever over after you die? What attitude should Christians have about work? Let’s look at some key lessons the Bible teaches about work.
What Does God Say?
The first mention of work as it relates to human beings is in Genesis 2:5, where you find that “there was no man to work the ground.”
Now, look up Genesis 2:15, what do you discover there about man and work?
All of those events took place before Adam and Eve sinned, showing that work is not a result of sin but a lasting gift of God.
Sin, however, made work more difficult and less rewarding–but no less necessary. Read Genesis 3:17-19.
The Bible makes it clear that God expects His people to work. Even Jesus, on the night He was arrested and condemned to be crucified, said in His prayer to the Father: “I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do” (John 17:4, ESV). He came to earth with an assignment from the Father, and He finished the job.
Paul says in Colossians 3:23, ESV, “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men.”
Work will continue in eternity on the new earth with the curse lifted forever: “There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His bond-servants will serve Him.” (Revelation 22:3, NASB). To work in an environment of freedom and blessing will be a glorious experience.
With the above information in mind, look up the following Bible passages and write down what you find concerning a Christian’s attitude about his or her work.
“Just think, God, the Creator of heaven and earth will be watching over you as you work today. He will delight in every extra effort you make. Then on Judgment Day He will say, ‘Well done, thou good and faithful servant'” (Matthew 25:21, 23, ESV).
Think today about two great gifts God has given you. One is the gift of life–for without that you could do nothing. The other is the gift of strength and skill to do work. Without that, you would have no way to give meaning to your life. Whether your work is driving a semi or praying for others, it is important to God.
Your daily work may seem insignificant, but consider what Lowell Lundstrom says in his devotional book, Daily Power Thoughts for Busy People:
Take pen and paper and write down some ways that you can make your work more of a blessing to yourself and a testimony to others. Give God thanks today for the work He has given you and the strength to do it.
Min. Frank Coleman
All comments and links in this publication reflect the sole opinion of Frank Coleman
Protect Your Identity now!
- 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. null bible.com/bible/1/rom.4.… 7 hours ago
- fb.me/97EkOw8hh 7 hours ago
- Ain't that the TRUTH!!! twitter.com/marshawright/s… 1 day ago
- Want Bishop T.D. Jakes For Your Next Revival? December 1, 2017
- RENDER TO CAESAR November 4, 2017
- Time of Need – DEVOTIONAL June 26, 2017
- CONNECTIONS NEWS – 06/18/17 June 17, 2017
- CONNECTIONS NEWS – 05/07/2017 May 7, 2017
- LIVE Tonight! 10:00PM Central – ACTS Chapter 26 September 9, 2016
- THE “GIVING TO GOD” DECEPTION July 3, 2016
- CHINESE LEADER SPEAKS OUT- Re: Western church June 24, 2016
- I COULD NO LONGER CONTINUE TO FOOL MYSELF
- I COULD NO LONGER CONTINUE TO FOOL MYSELF (cont.)
- Christianity or “Churchianity”
- WHY DO YOU DO WHAT YOU DO?
- DON’T GO BACK TO EGYPT
- To The People In The Pews
- THE WORD “OFFICE”
- EXALTED TITLES
- RELIGION OR RELATIONSHIP
- How to Conquer a Secret Thought Life
- PROPHETIC MOVEMENT in AN UPROAR
- “I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH”
- Christian Conferences – Why?
- YOU SHALL HAVE A SURPLUS SUPPLY
- The Secret Closet
- Thanks for Work!
- TO LIFE
- Welcome To The Circus
- Pastor Worship
- TRUE SUCCESS
- DANIEL’S FAITH
- THE MYSTERY OF SAMSON
- Love endures long! Let the love of God arrest you | God Loves Bummyla on Love Is Not Rude, Arrogant Or Inflated With Pride
- keijo jorma leppioja (@rintaluoma) on TONIGHT’S LIVE BROADCAST IS REPLACED. YOU WILL BE BLESSED!
- dholmes on $300 Million and Four Years Builds Monument To Man
- Frank Coleman on Thought for today – 07/05/2014
- Frank Coleman on $300 Million and Four Years Builds Monument To Man
Reaching the world for Jesus!